We are hiring a Software Engineering Manager on behalf of our client in Nicosia (on-site).
Our client is an authorized Electronic Money Institution licensed by the Central Bank of Cyprus. The company provides payments, issuance of electronic money, IBAN addressable stored value accounts and KYC identity verification services to eCommerce merchants, regulated sector businesses and consumers.
They also operate a sophisticated & patented anti-money laundering and anti-fraud system that also provides transactional security to business and retail customers. It is real time and detects the AML issues currently in focus by regulators.
Our client is part of a Group of companies. Their inhouse developed platforms allow them to deliver technology and financial services to their customers. The Group employs more than 140 staff located across international offices.
- In this role you will manage, estimate, plan and schedule software delivery throughout the release lifecycle whilst coordinating our various product lines. You will facilitate the process required to move software releases into production while coordinating with different teams to ensure the smooth delivery of software releases with zero or near zero customer disruption
What will your job look like?
- Your goal is to provide the tools, skills, and services needed to help product teams manage and deploy code into production and you will be expected to deliver on-time and high-quality releases.
- Manage the floor and ensure that the development teams are delivering quality product, on time.
- Manage a centralized release plan and process across product lines.
- Assist in building the work breakdown structure, with gap analysis, and ensuring that specifications and priorities are clear.
- Identify and mitigate risks and issues regarding release quality and schedule.
- Estimate, schedule, and coordinate releases and release dependencies across multiple products, teams and projects. This includes quality assurance and other operational activities required to deliver a working service.
- Develop the estimation, scheduling and planning skills of team leads.
- Tactical schedule decision making to maximize throughput while keeping overall priorities in mind.
- Continuously monitor projects and provide reports about their progress.
- Manage releases through a multi-tier environment and monitor the health & availability, and effectiveness of the non-production tiers.
- Ensure team leads are following planning and engineering policies and procedures.
- Monitoring the release process and collecting feedback from the development team and quality assurance.
- Making improvements on a regular basis to the release process.
What you need is..
- Experience managing team leads working on multiple projects, with an indirect team size of more than 20.
- A background in Java and/or C#, preferably gained in development of banking, payments, telecommunications or secure communications systems.
- Engineering, Computer Science or a related field background with advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with automated release management for hosted applications.
- Thorough knowledge of options for incremental and controlled release: API/endpoint versioning, feature flags, A/B testing, customer level configuration, blue/green deployment, rollback plans, canaries, etc.
- Experience with Jira (preferred), MS Project or other project management tools.
- Experience with Jenkins, Bitbucket (or other git), and their use in the release process.
- Experience with Agile practices, and particularly Kanban.
- Proven experience with reducing inefficiencies by creating consistent automated processes which result in high-quality releases.
- Ability to solve any issues that arise strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities to resolve any cross-functional team issues
- Proven experience of working under pressure.
What we offer..
- Mediterranean Lifestyle with an internationally competitive salary
- Private health insurance plan participation for candidate and family
- Performance Bonus, including share-based scheme of company securities.
- 50% income tax exemption for 10 years for expatriate individuals relocating to Cyprus
- Company will assist for the application of Non Dom Tax Residency (where applicable), which confers further tax benefits.
- Attractive relocation package
- In house subsidized canteen
- Additional holidays over and above official public holidays.
- Sponsorship of residency visa for any successful non-EU/EEA candidate and family (subject to prevailing Government policy).
How to Apply
Apply to email@example.com with a full copy of your CV
Right to Work
You must have the right to legally reside and work in Cyprus or an EU Member state. Experienced UK applicants will be considered via a Company sponsored residency visa.
Employment is subject to a National Police check.