A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced accountant to join the Finance team of Hospitality Venture, based in Limassol.
Our client is the leading investor in the hospitality and real estate sector, with a portfolio consisting of luxury hotel complexes and state-of-the-art developments in Cyprus and abroad. The company owns and manages prominent luxury hotels, resorts and real estate in Cyprus & Greece.
The accountant will support the Finance Manager with regards to bookkeeping, accounting, tax, VAT, management & financial reporting, financial and administrative activities of the Group.
- Main responsibilities will cover the parent (holding) company and its subsidiaries and will include:
- Perform general accounting and bookkeeping duties as required by the parent and other Group companies
- Record transactions / post journal entries and accruals into the general ledger
- Liaise with the external service providers regarding the timely preparation of the monthly management accounts, i.e. providing them with the relevant supporting documentation
- Process invoices and coordinate approval process and payments
- Review the monthly trial balances and management accounts
- Preparation of weekly payment run, booking of payments in the accounting system and bank reconciliations
- Keep the companys petty cash, perform timely cash count and cash matching in the accounting system
- Maintenance of fixed assets register
- Perform reconciliations of payables and receivables including intercompany reconciliations
- Month-end and year-end closing
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts, pro forma financial statements and other financial reports required by the business
- Assist Finance Manager in the preparation of the monthly groups consolidation schedule
- Assist in preparation of VAT and other tax returns as stipulated by tax legislation
- Communication with auditors, tax authorities, external service providers, suppliers, and other stakeholders
- Support the annual and interim statutory audit process to ensure compliance
- Assist Finance Manager with payroll preparation
- Preparation of ad hoc reports, documents, and analysis in Excel as required by the Finance Manager or the CFO
The accountant will have a bachelors degree in Accounting or related field, with minimum 5 years of accounting experience within a structured environment. In addition, they must have strong analytical skills and a drive for results, along with an open approach and excellent communications skills, liaising with the parent company and subsidiaries finance teams, external service providers, auditors and suppliers. Good command of English, both spoken and written is essential.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics / Business Administration or related field
- Ideally 5 years+ experience as an accountant or in a similar role in accounting department
- Professional qualification will be considered as advantageous, i.e. ACCA, ACA, etc.
- Consolidation experience and IFRS knowledge will be considered an asset
- Confident user of ERP softwares
- Proficient user of Microsoft MS Office and Excel in particular
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- Organised and pro-active attitude
- Advanced analytical and numerical skills
- Team spirit and high sense of responsibility
- Attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Great working environment
- Lunch provided
- Provident Fund
- Medical cover for personal schemes
- Team gatherings
- Learning courses
- Working Hours 9:00-18:00
To apply for the opportunity, please email Terri Neofitou at firstname.lastname@example.org