Our client is an award-winning Forex Broker established in Cyprus for more than 10 years and they provide services and facilities to both retail and institutional clients.
They are seeking to hire an experienced Risk Manager to join their team in Larnaca.
You will be responsible to implement the relevant provisions of the Law relating to risk management issues and you will report directly to the Board of Directors.
- Complies and implements the relevant provisions of the Law, related to risk management issues
- Obtains sufficient information from all the relevant departments of the Company, as applicable
- Educates and trains the personnel of the Company on risk-related issues
- Examines the financial results of the Company
- Analyses the market and its trends from a risk management perspective
- Evaluates how the introduction of any potential new services or activities by the Company could affect the risk management of the Company, and provides such requests to the Senior Management or the Board, as requested
- Inspects the capital adequacy and the financial exposure of the Company
- Drafts written reports, at least once a year, for the Senior Management and the Board including recommendations and indications whether the appropriate remedial measures have been taken in the event of any deficiencies.
- Submits meeting minutes to CySEC within 20 days from the date of the relevant meeting and no later than four months after the end of the calendar year, attached to the said report
- Calculates, sets, reviews, updates and monitors Client and counterparty limits, as applicable
- Manages the overall risks faced by the Company, with a particular focus on the Client side risks i.e. handles and monitors fraud, dispute, Client identity verification, due diligence and funding/deposit risks in coordination with the MLCO and the Administration/Back Office Department, as applicable
- Maintains a record of all the Clients and counterparties risk and limits involved
- Recommends, provides and supervises policy descriptions concerning information systems (including backup systems that can restore smooth operation in case of failure)
- Monitors the provision of the ancillary service of granting credit to an investor to allow him to carry out a transaction in one or more financial instruments, where the firm granting the credit or loan is involved in the transaction
- With respect to liquidity risk and market risk:
- defines acceptable maximum risk assumption limits per class of risk
- breaks down the above risk limits further where necessary, for example, per class of investment service or Financial Instrument, or Client or market, as applicable
- implements stop loss-control limits, where applicable
- follows up open positions within the approved limits
- Recommends to the Senior Management to stop trading, if it is necessary due to the current market conditions and credit risk
- Degree in a relevant field
- 4 Years of experience in a Similar role
- Experience in the FX Industry is a must
- Ability to work well within a team as well as autonomously
- Attractive remuneration package
- Medical Insurance
- Positive work environment
- Professional development Training Programs
For more information or to apply for the above opportunity, please email Marie Pavlou: firstname.lastname@example.org