Job Title: Executive Director and Risk Manager
Seeking an executive director with a risk management profile for a prominent Cyprus based Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM), managing award-winning hedge funds, specialising in publicly traded securities and employing hedge fund strategies. With a decade of industry presence and a proven track record exceeding five years. As part of their continuous growth, we are seeking a professional to join our client’s Cyprus team (Nicosia) in the dual role of Executive Director and Risk Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizational responsibilities and day-to-day operations of the AIFM in cooperation with the second Executive director based on the 4 eyes principle
- Participation in the Board of Directors to represent the Risk Management function as responsible Risk Manager/Executive Director
- Implementation of effective risk management policies and procedures for AIFs under management
- Ensuring that the risk profile of AIFs disclosed to Investors in accordance with the Law
- Monitoring of compliance with the risk limits in accordance with the Law
- Monitoring and assessment of the level of leverage utilized by the AIFs under management
- Adoption and update of stress test scenarios
- Review of the valuation framework standards
- Regular reports to the Board of Directors regarding risk-related issues of the AIFs under management
- Monitoring of current trends and potential market developments within the markets and sectors in which the Company invests
- Provision of relevant risk reports to AIFs under management
Education: University Degree in Finance, Risk Management, CS, or STEM field.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Certification: CySEC Advanced Examination is a must, previous CySec approval on Risk Management position would be highly valued.
Language Skills: Excellent communication skills in English (both written and oral); fluency in Russian is a plus.
Technical Knowledge: Expertise in risk concepts related to publicly traded securities (VaR, ES, etc).
Knowledge of AIFM Laws (EU/Cyprus). Possess proficiency in utilizing Bloomberg terminal for financial analysis and market research
Skills of a perfect candidate
Goal-oriented, has the ability to complete projects and reports on time.
Analytical thinking and strong attention to detail.
Сompetitive remuneration package
Pleasant and vibrant working environment.
Modern office located in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Working schedule is 10 to 19, five days a week.
To apply, please email your CV highlighting your suitability for the role to Donna Stephenson, firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply.