Our client, is seeking to recruit a dynamic individual to fulfil the role of a Database Administrator for its Technology Infrastructure department based in Nicosia.
The ideal candidate should be a strong team player, possess strong analytical skills and be able to effectively multitask in a fast-paced, demanding and highly regulated environment. The Database Administrator will ensure that the day-to-day activities related to database management run smoothly.
- Function as a database administration subject matter expert, providing technical guidance and support in all aspects of database administration.
- Analyse business and technical requirements to determine the most appropriate database solutions that align with business objectives, including commercial and open-source options.
- Translate customer requirements into technical solutions and ensure seamless integration and optimal performance using various database technologies, including Microsoft SQL, Oracle and DB2.
- Perform software analysis, scripting, testing, and troubleshooting to develop and maintain robust and efficient database systems for various database platforms.
- Provide comprehensive support to users, addressing their questions and issues related to database functionalities, irrespective of the underlying technology.
- Develop and execute comprehensive end-to-end test cases, validating database system design and functionality based on business requirements and considering various database architectures.
- Take ownership of project delivery, overseeing the entire project lifecycle from design to deployment and post-deployment support for various database platforms.
- Conduct in-depth root cause analysis to investigate and resolve issues and errors, minimize system disruption, and optimize performance across multiple database technologies.
- Collaborate with software vendors and open-source communities to evaluate and implement new features and system changes, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Deliver technical and operational training to users, enabling them to effectively utilize and maximize the benefits of database systems, including various commercial and open-source options.
- Designing database backup, archiving, and storage strategy
- Identifying, reporting, and managing database security issues, audit trails, and forensics
- Strong database administration skills
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL, with hands-on experience in Microsoft SQL and Oracle databases
- Solid understanding of testing concepts and methodologies to ensure the delivery of high-quality and reliable database solutions for multiple database platforms.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, Python, or Bash) for task automation and database administration.
- Proven experience in all phases of test execution, including test planning, execution, and reporting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to efficiently identify and resolve complex database issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in Greek and English, enabling effective collaboration and clear documentation.
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position and industry.
Nice to have skills/qualifications:
- Familiarity with Oracle Golden Gate for real-time data replication and integration
- Knowledge of Oracle Data Guard for database high availability and disaster recovery.
- Knowledge of IBM DB2/HADR.
- Experience in Microsoft Always-On for database failover clustering and availability solutions.
- Experience in database administration on cloud-based platforms
- Familiarity with MariaDB, MySQL and NoSQL technologies
- Computer Science/Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
- 13th salary
- Annual increment
- Provident Fund 9%
- Life Insurance 60 monthly salaries
- Personal Accident 55 monthly salaries
- Annual leave 22 days for the first 2 years. 23 days (2-5 years), 24 days (5-10 years) up to 28 days for 20+ years
- Medical Fund 3%
- Training & Development technical and personal development programs
- Overdraft of Current Account with reduced interest rate – with a limit equal to 4 times monthly salary
- Personal, Housing, Car Loans with reduced interest rate
- Club subscription subsidization 250 per year
- Covered Parking
- Canteen with subsidized prices
All applications will be handled with complete confidentiality.
If you are interested in the above position, please press Apply below or email your CV to email@example.com
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.