Emerald Zebra is working closely with a well-established Forex Company and seeking to recruit a Web Development Team Lead with experience in PHP / MySQL, and server-side MVC frameworks.
- Lead the web development team in new and existing projects within the company.
- Perform day-to-day management of the team, including handling the remuneration, bonuses, hiring, leave and discipline.
- Work closely with the PMs to assign tasks to developers at the start of each sprint, assist in executing these tasks, and manage the progress and productivity of the team.
- Development of modular / reusable PHP code within MVC frameworks.
- Refactor / rewrite code to increase quality and optimize performance.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the technology stack utilized by the company, and help drive technology adoption and upgrades
- Provide mentoring to the team members and help direct their skill development.
- Participate in production system design and in the resolution of incidents.
- At least 3 years experience in a Team Lead role and 5 Years experience as Web Developer
- Comprehensive experience in PHP / MySQL.
- Practical experience using PHP MVC frameworks (Preferably CakePHP).
- Practical experience with Object-Oriented programming (OOP).
- Practical experience with Rest APIs.
- Practical experience using Linux based operating systems and a command line interface.
- Experience using Version Control and Code Reviews (Preferably Git).
- Ability to work independently, creating good quality code.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in Linux based server administration, preferably CentOS including strong command of terminal and shell scripting.
- Experience in server configuration practices and technologies (Puppet, Ansible) including building and monitoring production servers.
Would be considered as advantage:
- Experience with Database Design.
- Experience integrating unit testing / code coverage / etc. into projects.
- Experience in process automation (re-useable scripts for deployment etc.).
- Use of key value stores such as Redis / Memcached.
- Understanding of scalable applications, working with multiple web nodes, use of docker, etc.
- Experience with NodeJS / MongoDB / React
- Knowledge of front-end CSS frameworks (bootstrap) and SCSS.
- Medical Insurance
- Provident Fund
- Learning & Development
- Well-being and Team Building activities
- Discretionary bonuses at the end of the year
- Weekly lunches
- Quarterly team building activities
- A strong culture promoting work-life balance, hybrid model, and flexibility
Apply today for this unique job opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org