On behalf of our client, an authorised Electronic Money Institution licensed by the Central Bank of Cyprus we are hiring a Senior Database Administrator to join their team in Nicosia.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Administration of the following Database Engines:
- MS SQL Server
- Mongo (desired)
- Ensure smooth operation of all related systems/databases allowing improved stability, performance and availability.
- In conjunction with Devops team, design and execute migration to a hybrid cloud and physical infrastructure environment to meet banking regulations.
- Prepare Database Infrastructure upon design provided.
- Participate in the creation and ongoing maintenance of a group wide data lake for Business Intelligence, AML and antifraud applications
- Assist with a controlled interface to our data for Tableau and Machine Learning applications.
- Analyse business needs and provision appropriate rights to users depending upon their duties for controlled access and data security.
- Maintain proficiency in and monitor developments related to Database Infrastructure and prepare recommendations for utilization/implementation in our Infrastructure.
- Perform with the vendor/s the latest hardware, O/S and software patches to keep appliances up to date, fixing the latest bugs and security vulnerabilities.
- Provide technical advice and support to other IT technical staff, as well as to end-users where required. Monitor production systems and intervene as required to prevent outages and failures.
- Ensure that backup systems are in operation, and participate in Business Continuity tests
Experience in the following areas will be considered as an advantage:
- MS SQL and Postgres server administration
- Windows Administration
- Mongo exposure (preferred but not essential)
- Unix / Linux Administration (desirable)
- AWS and Azure Database Administration
Skills and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or in a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a related position will be considered as an advantage.
- Knowledge of banking, payments and financial environment
- Highly-motivated with ability to deliver within tight deadlines.
- Ability to cooperate well in a team and build constructive working relationships to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Accountable, flexible and adaptable to business needs and work responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to engage with people at all levels.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.
- Competitive Salary
- Private health insurance plan participation
- Performance Bonus, including mix of cash and share-based scheme of company stock for outstanding performers.
To apply for the opportunity, please email Terri Neofitou at email@example.com