The company and the role :
Our client is a dedicated team of professionals. They help ideas come to life and products reach customers.
They work with brands and companies that need to boost their image and help them develop new technologies, build awareness and develop trust and loyalty with the customers.
They are also actively involved in startups and with innovative thinkers, helping them build or finish their product and getting them ready for the market.
They are looking to expand their team with a Mid Backend Software Development Engineer that is eager to learn and wants to join a fast-growing company. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems, writing excellent well-tested code, developing software at scale, and deploying to cloud environments. He will have Java, Kotlin, or other relevant object oriented programming experience.
- Participate and contribute to design and code reviews to produce quality code
- Conduct thorough testing of feature functionalities
- Manage small projects
- Work efficiently with peers to solve complex problems, as well as raising appropriate issues to the team-lead.
- You have demonstrable experience (3-4 years) writing objected-oriented code in Java using the Spring/Spring Boot framework (Kotlin is a plus)
- You have experience in building a backend service with Spring and deploying to production
- Your code is well-structured and readable, fits into existing frameworks, adheres to best design patterns, and has good exception handling
- You are able to test code appropriately (UnitTest with Mockito, familiar with concept of integration/endToEnd tests and Spring Boot Tests)
- You have some Observability experience / looking after a system in Production
- You are passionate about being up-to-date with the latest development of technologies, and are interested in finding ways to apply them
- You demonstrate solid reasoning for your design choices, and always consider alternatives
- You are able to identify and analyse issues in design/code, and are starting to debug others code
- You are a strong communicator, are highly dependable and enjoy working within a diverse team
Additional desired skills:
- Unix/Linux system administration experience
- You have worked in an agile team with use of Jira or other similar issue tracking products
- A Computer Science or other related degree
- Excellent values, great corporate culture, amazing working environment
- A competitive salary with regular pay reviews and bonuses
- A very bright office – 5 minutes walk from the sea that will come very handy in the summer
- Healthy tech budget to make sure youve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget and dedicated company-wide hack days focused on employee growth
- 1 week per year for training and personal development
- 23 days of paid holiday
- Flexible work environment and hours
- Hybrid-remote work model
- Friday drinks
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
Apply now by sending your CV to Sam Macaron, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org