Our client is one of the largest Telecom companies in Cyprus with an amazing employer branding and employee centric culture.
They are seeking to hire an experienced IP Networks Engineer to join their team in Nicosia.
In this role you will be responsible for the design, deployment, support and dimensioning of a cost optimized, reliable and high-performance IP Network according to the Company’s overall strategic targets. Additionally, you will participate in network projects (IP RAN, FTTH, EVPN-VXLAN, Information Security, IPv6 and more) using the latest cutting-edge technologies that will boost your career path.
- Design, deploy, support and dimension (hardware and software) of any related Layer 2 and Layer 3 Network in Company’s Infrastructure. This includes the ISP Backbone Network, the Mobile Network, the xDSL and FTTH Networks and the Enterprise Network Infrastructure.
- Internal and External Customer Support.
- Design, deploy and support the Firewalls Security Network.
- Assists Sales Team during presales visits to corporate customers and designs, deploy and support the solutions to meet customers requirements.
- Designs, deploys and dimensions the intra- and inter-connectivity with other networks elements of the network (e.g. BSC, RNC, MSS, MGW, UGW, DSLAM, MSAN, OLTs BRAS, DBs).
- Participate in technical meetings with other departments
- Orders hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the IP Networks and NMS Systems.
- Generates performance and optimization reports for the IP Networks.
- Analyses overall network impact of any proposed configuration changes.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the IP Networks and NMS Systems.
- Documents network configurations and corporate solutions, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
- Be a part of an on-call support scheme for critical incidents
- Postgraduate degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with a specialization in Telecommunications or Networks
- Working experience preferably on Huawei, Juniper and Cisco equipment
- Working experience with layer-2 Ethernet technologies
- Working experience with IP/MPLS architectures as well as technologies and protocols like BGP, RSVP, LDP, OSPF, IS-IS, L2VPN, L3VPN, VPLS, Segment Routing, Circuit Emulation, QoS/CoS, Traffic Engineering, IPv6 etc)
- Working experience with Dynamic Subscriber Management, RADIUS protocol, PPPoE and DHCP
- Working experience with Firewalls and familiarity with IPsec and VPNs
- Working experience with Load Balancers is a plus
- Knowledge of Mobile Networks and xDSL/FTTH Network architectures and communication flows
- FTTH CPE Management (TR-069) and CPE testing
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Good knowledge of Unix or Linux will be considered as an advantage
- Familiarity with Network Monitoring Systems, SNMP agents, statistical monitoring and analysis
- Network Certifications will be considered as an advantage
- Hardworking, focused, thorough, punctual, self-motivated and proficient at multitasking
- Ability to provide written and verbal presentations on technical topics to corporate peers and management
- Able to work independently or within a team environment, with minimum instruction from management
- Fluent in Greek and English
While working with them enjoy these perks:
- Annual Bonus
- 13th salary
- Medical and life insurances and provident fund
- Company telecom products with free mobile and internet lines and exclusive discounts for our services
- Opportunity for a sustainable career and continuously building skills and expertise in a dynamic technology sector
- Hybrid workplace model
For more information or to apply please send your CV via email to Marie Pavlou: email@example.com