Our client is a market leader in next-generation multi-channel trading software, systems and liquidity services.
Its the financial division of a PLC listed on the FTSE 250 and having over 600 clients across 80 countries spanning CFD retail brokers, banks, hedge funds, professional traders and asset managers.
They are seeking to hire an Internal Auditor to join their team in London.
In this role, you will provide independent assurance to the Board that the Group is adhering to sector regulatory expectations as well as reducing business and operational risk.
- Develop annually a risk-based internal audit plan for Audit Committee review and approval.
- Oversee the implementation of the approved plan, ensure proper resourcing for implementation of the plan, and adjust the plan as needed in response to changes in firms business risks, operations, programs, systems and controls. Keep senior management and Audit Committee apprised of any changes needed to the internal audit plan.
- Provide third line of defence to the organisation
- Perform organization-wide risk assessments/internal audits to identify risks or exposure related to internal
- controls or compliance with firms policies and procedures, laws and regulations, efficiency of operations, and accuracy of programmatic and financial reporting. Provide feedback and recommendations on business risks and improving operational efficiencies and processes where appropriate.
- Report in relation to internal audit matters in accordance with SYSC 4.3.2 R.
- Issue recommendations based on the result of work carried out
- Verify compliance with those recommendations
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Audit
- Committee, if necessary.
- Provide technical assistance with investigations, special audits, and provide subject-matter expertise as needed.
- Remain current on audit trends and develop a risk-based approach incorporated into the annual audit plan.
- Direct the work of external auditors on selected audits, as directed by the Audit Committee and senior
- management, to ensure the audit work remains within the prescribed guidelines.
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of Audit Committee materials. Participate in quarterly or more frequent Audit Committee meetings.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends and successful practices in internal audit related to the liquidity sector more generally.
- Actively participate in executive management meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans.
- The role holder will be overseeing audit reviews for the wider B2B business, which spams across three regulatory landscapes, UK, Singapore and Australia.
- In-depth technical knowledge and previous track record of creating and embedding an internal audit function
- Documentation and advice to the Audit Committee and the wider business. The Head of B2B Internal Audit cannot take any decision as this would impede his independence.
- Acting as third line of defence; assessing the effectiveness of controls/procedures to meet regulatory requirements
- Effective stakeholder management including senior managers, and ability to deliver in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to clearly articulate issues, with supporting analysis and documentation.
- Degree and / or professional qualification desirable (ACCA, CIA, ACA etc.)
While working with them enjoy these perks:
- 25 days Annual Holiday Entitlement
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid working
- Free Lunch once a week
- Company Auto Enrolment qualifying Pension Scheme on the three month anniversary date of employment start date
For more information or to apply for the above job opportunity, please send your CV to Marie Pavlou: firstname.lastname@example.org