We are hiring an experienced AMLCO or MLRO Officer on behalf of our client in Nicosia (on-site).
Our client is an authorised Electronic Money Institution licensed by the Central Bank of Cyprus. The company provides payments, issuance of electronic money, IBAN addressable stored value accounts and KYC identity verification services to eCommerce merchants, regulated sector businesses and consumers.
They also operates a sophisticated & patented anti-money laundering and anti-fraud system that also provides transactional security to business and retail customers. It is real time and detects the AML issues currently in focus by regulators.
Our client is part of a Group of companies. Their inhouse developed platforms allow them to deliver technology and financial services to their customers. The Group employs more than 140 staff located across our offices located in Australia, Cyprus, Lithuania, United Kingdom, Netherlands, USA, Israel, Malta.
Our client is now looking for an experienced and talented individual, with natural commercial acumen, to join an important team within their group. The individual will help lead regulatory projects, drive policy development and ensure the ongoing compliance of the company through compliance advisory, monitoring and surveillance as well as providing significant expertise in Financial Crime Compliance.
The individual will perform the AMLCO role elements as defined in the Central Bank of Cyprus AML Guidance, and must have demonstrated experience in a similar role, or assistant AMLCO role at a Credit Institution or Electronic Money Institution in the EEA or UK
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Financial Crime Compliance
- Oversight of Suspicious Activity Reporting (SARs) regime and liaison with the relevant FIU;
- Advising the business on FCC matters;
- Opining on FCC risk matters escalated;
- Providing communications, training and development of company staff;
- Act as a reviewer or approver within the companies governance framework;
- Deputising for AMLCO/MLRO, subject to regulatory approval;
- Acting as a source of regulatory knowledge and expertise to the business;
- Review and Development of the companies policies and procedures;
- Compliance projects management programme;
- Undertake compliance monitoring and surveillance;
- Organizing and leading the work of the Underwriting department;
- Assisting in the response to regulatory queries and Auditor requests;
- Participation in the companies Enterprise-wide risk assessment process;
- Reviewing the product of the controls functions and providing recommendations;
- Assist in developing the companies Control framework;
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory reports;
- Assessment and approval of regulatory reporting in line with the companies governance framework;
- Production of internal management information;
- Assist in regulatory communications;
Scheme and business partner requirements
- Assist in ensuring the ongoing compliance with the rules of card schemes and key business partners;
- Assisting in communications with card schemes and key business partners;
Skills and Requirements:
- Previous experience within a CBC, FCA or Eurosytem regulated environment;
- Previous approval of the CBC, FCA or Eurosystem for the AMLCO/Alternate AMLCO is essential.
- Demonstrable understanding of Financial crime risk mechanisms;
- Significant expertise and understanding of the EU and international regulatory environment;
- Ability to analyse complex information and make relevant judgement-based decisions;
- Excellent English and optional Greek verbal and written skills;
- Ability to multitask, leadership and excellent interpersonal skills;
- ACAMS, CySEC (AML), ICA qualifications desirable.
- Competitive Salary;
- Private health insurance plan participation;
- Performance Bonus, including mix of cash and share-based scheme of company stock for outstanding; performers.
How to Apply
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a full copy of your CV
Right to Work
You must have the right to legally reside and work in Cyprus or an EU Member state. Experienced UK applicants will be considered via a Company sponsored residency visa.